August 22, 2018
The Intersection of SEO & Social – Google My Business: Part 2
In Part One of The Intersection of SEO & Social, we talked about the different features of Google My Business, including Google Posts which allow you to share videos and posts you may have only posted on Facebook, Instagram, or YouTube. But wait – there’s more! Just like social media, you’re able to check the stats behind these posts with Google Insights.
After you make your Google Post on your GMB listing, you’re able to check in and see how your profile is performing. The information Google Insights provides is very similar to Google Analytics (let’s call it BGA – short for Baby Google Analytics) and will include:
- Where your customers viewed your listing (either from the search page or Google Maps)
- Top locations your customers are requesting directions from
- Total photo views and quantity (including your photos and uploaded photos from customers)
- Common actions on your GMB listing (click to call, website clicks, and photo clicks)
- Total phone calls (these can be retrieved on a quarterly, monthly, or weekly basis)
Learn how you compare to other businesses in your industry and what to do next in your marketing efforts to set yourself apart from those in your area and grow.
For example, based on the images below, our client has learned that majority of their customers find their Google My Business page through direct search and visit their website more than direction requests or phone calls.
Google My Business is a whole new ball game, especially when Google Insights comes into play. Stay tuned for our third (and final!) GMB segment, which will cover how reviews and Q&A’s can benefit your business and listing. Have questions about Google My Business and other SEO services? Contact AdsIntelligence Marketing today.